Alaine Patti-Jelsvik, Esq.
Toll Free: (800) 327-7325
Facsimile: (213) 680-1074
Alaine Patti-Jelsvik specializes in assisting Counsel Press clients in their matters within the California and Nevada appellate courts, and throughout the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Patti-Jelsvik joins Counsel Press’ Los Angeles Staff Counsel and Appellate Paralegals in offering our clients unmatched expertise with their appellate filings. She is a seasoned civil trial litigator, licensed in both California and Nevada, and has handled cases throughout the California Superior Courts, Nevada Justice and District Courts, the 9th Circuit, and Appellate Divisions. Ms. Patti-Jelsvik’s practice historically focused on collection litigation, FDCPA defense, personal injury, insurance defense, and premises liability cases.
Alaine earned her law degree from Whittier College School of Law, with honors, ranking 5th in first year, and later joined the Whittier Law Review as staff editor. She also published her Law Review article on the subject of education and immigration in California. Alaine served as the President of the Student Bar Association and 9th Circuit Lieutenant Governor of the Law Student Division of the American Bar Association where she participated in the elimination of race discrimination by law student organizations. Also while in law school, Alaine was a student mentor and research and teaching assistant, and she interned for the Los Angeles City Attorney, Civil Division.
Katherine B. Warwick
Katherine Warwick Attorney at Law
Altadena, CA says:
As this was my first case with Counsel Press, I particularly appreciated the comments and support from Alaine Patti-Jelsvik.
Ngozi E. Bolin
Bolin Law Firm
Los Angeles, CA
Alaine is just amazing.
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Arizona Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of California
- California Court of Appeal First District
- California Court of Appeal Second District
- California Court of Appeal Third District
- California Court of Appeal Fourth District
- California Court of Appeal Fifth District
- California Court of Appeal Sixth District
- Nevada Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Whittier College, School of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- Los Angeles Valley Community College, A.A., Communication, cum laude
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Editor, Whittier Law Review. Published: Comment, Re-Educating the Court: Proposition 187, Immigration and Education, Vol. 18:4, Whittier Law Review (Spr. 1997).
Blog Posts view all
- The key to great appellate briefing is to eliminate distractions from the brilliance of your argument
- California Rules of Court: New Rule 8.701 re: California Environmental Quality Act Affecting “Leadership” Project Filings - Effective July 1, 2014 (Part I)
- California Rules of Court: New Rule 8.701 re: California Environmental Quality Act Affecting “Leadership” Project Filings - Effective July 1, 2014 (Part II)
- California Court of Appeal and Supreme Court Continues E-Filing Service Upgrade to TrueFiling 3.0