Counsel Press' New York, NY location is searching for a full time Programmer Analyst to join a seasoned team that is the backbone of our organization. This position reports to the VP of Technology and provides hardware, software and maintenance support. This position also provides training, consultation and recommendations about future planning and development of IT for the company.
Counsel Press is a nationwide legal services provider that annually assists over 1500 attorneys with the successful filing and service of over 11,000 appeals. The primary service provided to our attorney clients is the rule compliant filing of appellate briefs and records in the New York state appellate courts and United States Courts of Appeals.
Experience with any legal work is not essential, but can be helpful. It is important to demonstrate long term interest in the position and the capacity to meet the requirements of the position through experience and a willingness to be trained. As our technical expert for all operating systems in use, you will demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm while executing tasks in a timely and efficient manner. A successful candidate will identify methods, solutions, and provide leadership and management in order to deliver a high level of service to all staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, prioritize and resolve help request tickets on hardware, software (workstation and networking), internet, mobile devices, telecommunication equipment, etc.
- Provide internal and external operational support and training while maintaining quality service and enforcing internal operating/IT security standards
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the proper operations of all computer and information systems and keep an inventory of all technology systems
- Administer policies and procedures for the proper operation of all hardware, office automation software, data center and communication systems
- Ensure that all technology systems are kept updated with necessary firmware and security patches
- Recommend IT strategies, policies, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements
- Regularly meet with key users to plan and discuss system requirements, support issues, specifications, costs and timelines
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications and participating in professional discussions
- Design, code and modify websites, from layout to function that strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
- Other duties assigned as needed
Must have strong technical skills and hands-on experience with computer and server operating systems, in addition:
- Management of Active Directory (AD), group policy updates, AD site configuration and major version upgrades
- Oversight of end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices and information security guidelines
- Management of Windows Server OS (2008 R2 to 2019), Hyper V, Veeam Backups and Centralized Anti-virus software
- Familiarity with managing Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013/2016 software, Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Microsoft Windows 10
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows deployment toolkit and remote management technologies
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Management of DFSR and Namespace storage
- Command of wireless and wired LAN technologies, routing, switching, Firewalls, VPN, VoIP telephony a plus
- Web User Interface Design (UI), Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design and Full Stack Development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 4 years of relevant experience
- Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and/or CCNA are a plus
Counsel Press is a member of a group of companies that is able to offer our team members excellent benefits:
- Diverse, affordable, healthcare options
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
- Generous vacation and personal days each year
Email a cover letter and resume, and include a desired salary range: firstname.lastname@example.org You must read the directions above and reply with a cover letter and salary range, along with your resume, to be considered. All replies that do not follow the directions will be discarded without further consideration. We will consider all experience and any salary range so please respond completely to ensure consideration of your application.
Job Type: Full-time